3D Printing or additive manufacturing is well supported by printing technologies for creating three-dimensional objects from a computer-based digital model. The process of 3D Printing is run and operated with the help of software, hardware, and necessary material. The technology is introduced to design objects of simple and complex nature with a series of additive or layered development. 3D printers are required to design 3D products and to enable the rapid prototyping process. These printers are also known as fabrication printer or additive manufacturing printers.
3D Printing in China supports diverse industries and applications such as aerospace, bio-printing, dental products, eyewear, prosthetics, designing lamps, research, footwear, jewelry, architectural scale models, movie props, mass customization, and whatnot.
Diverse Industries supported by 3D Printing:
Ø Architecture and construction
Ø Mechanical industry
Ø Maritime industry
Ø Healthcare and medical industry
Ø Food industry
Ø Chemical industry
Ø Aeronautics and Space
Ø High Tech
Ø Textile and Fashion industry
Ø Industrial goods
Ø Broadcasting and entertainment
Methods of 3D Printing:
The printing technology of 3D Printing works in various processes and they are mentioned below-
1. SLA or Stereo Lithography Technology – SLA technology is considered the fastest prototyping process as it reflects a high quality of accuracy that can produce 3D CAD data in a few hours. It supports various patterns, prototypes, models, and other manufacturing parts by converting the liquid particles into solid 3D objects. SLA printing technology uses UV light to add layers over layers on the 3D Printer.
2. DLP or Digital Light Processing Technology – The technology works with traditional light sources and photopolymers to produce high-resolution models. This is faster than SLA as it exposes entire layers at once while SLA has to work on each layer.
3. FDM or Fused Deposition Modeling Technology – FDM technology is utilized to produce prototypes, models, and other manufacturing objects with a high quality of strength and materials. This high-grade technology works with 3D printers to produce strong and durable objects. While printing the materials takes the form of plastic threads which are then formed into coils with the help of nozzles.
4. SLS or Selective Laser Sintering Technology – This technology of 3D printing uses high power CO2 lasers to fuse powdered material together. It produces durable and high-quality of complex and simpler objects by fusing the particles of plastic, glass powder, or ceramic into layers. SLS machines are designed to produce objects of good chemical resistance.
5. SLM or Selective Laser Melting Technology - SLM technology is used to produce 3D functional objects of complex nature. Here the metal is applied in powder to form a thin layer with high energy fiber.
6. EBM or Electron Beam Melting Technology – EBM technology generally has high energy density to generate the energy required to print 3D parts with the help of an electron beam light. The technology is largely used in aeronautics and the medical industry to create objects with high accuracy.
7. LOM or Laminated Object Manufacturing Technology – LOM technology is the advance process of rapid prototyping that produces objects through heat and pressure. Here the material is melted and cut down to get the desired shape.
8. BJ or Binder Jetting Technology – Materials like ceramics, sand, plastics, and metals are used in BJ technology to bond the layers thus binding the liquid agent into powder particles to form a 3D object.
If you are planning to buy customized parts then consult the services of 3D printing in China that offers quality and reliable products.